Measuring Our Progress
Measuring Our Progress is the ACT Government's online report card on life in Canberra.
It measures our progress towards an ACT that is healthier, fairer and safer, smarter, more prosperous, vibrant, sustainable, and with high quality services.
This website is aligned with the seven strategic themes of The Canberra Plan: Towards Our Second Century - the ACT Government's plan to help create an even better place to live.
The ACT's progress is measured by 28 indicators (four against each of the seven strategic themes of The Canberra Plan). These progress indicators provide a broad yet concise snapshot of life in Canberra.
The Canberra Plan: Towards Our Second Century identifies the vision for Canberra. The Canberra Plan's vision is that Canberra will be recognised as:
- a truly sustainable and creative city;
- an inclusive community that supports its vulnerable and enables all to reach their potential;
- a centre of economic growth and innovation;
- the proud capital of the nation and home of its pre-eminent cultural institutions; and
- a place of natural beauty.
Dimensions of Progress
Seven strategic themes, as outlined in The Canberra Plan: Towards Our Second Century, guide the strategies and policies of the ACT Government in working towards our vision for Canberra.